Severe Burn Injuries
Thousands of Cases Successfully Handled Since 1978.
David A. Zipfel & Associates, LLC is your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of these cases. Our Hartford burn injury attorneys are dedicated to securing justice for victims and their families, providing unwavering support during challenging times. If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, we are here to help you understand your rights and seek the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Call David A. Zipfel & Associates, LLC today at (860) 528-4567 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our burn injury attorney in Hartford.
Understanding Burn Injuries
Severe burns are a type of catastrophic injury that can be completely life-changing. Severe burns can leave serious physical and psychological scars. According to the American Burn Association, 3,500 people are killed by fires and burn injuries every year. An additional 45,000 people are hospitalized in the United States annually, and approximately 450,000 burns are treated every year.
There are several types of burn injuries:
- First-degree burns
- Second-degree burns
- Third-degree burns
- Fourth-degree burns
Unless a large portion of the victim's body is covered by the injury, first and second-degree burns are not severe and may not require medical attention. Third and fourth-degree burns, however, are serious and may be life-threatening. These types of burns leave lasting damage and may require extensive medical treatment.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can result from various accidents, each with its own set of challenges. Understanding the common causes is crucial in establishing liability and pursuing a successful claim.
- Electrical Accidents: Electrical burns can happen because of faulty wiring, defective appliances, or workplace incidents. Identifying responsible parties and proving negligence is essential in these cases.
- Chemical Exposures: Accidental exposure to harmful chemicals can lead to severe burns. Whether at the workplace or in public spaces, we are adept at investigating the source of exposure and holding accountable those responsible.
- Scalding: Hot liquids or steam can cause scalding injuries, often involving defective products or unsafe premises.
- Fire Accidents: Fires at home or in public spaces can result in catastrophic burn injuries. Determining the cause of the fire and establishing liability is crucial for seeking compensation.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Car crashes, motorcycle accidents, or truck collisions can lead to burn injuries due to fuel leaks or vehicle fires.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Burn Injury Claim in Connecticut?
Victims may be entitled to various damages when pursuing a burn injury claim in Connecticut. Potential damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Recovering costs related to hospitalization, surgeries, medications, and ongoing medical treatments is crucial in helping victims rebuild their lives after a burn injury.
- Lost Wages and Future Earnings: Burn injuries often result in significant time away from work. We strive to secure compensation for lost wages and potential future earnings, providing financial stability during recovery.
- Pain and Suffering: Physical pain, emotional distress, and the overall effect on the quality of life deserve recognition. We fight for just compensation for the intangible losses experienced by burn injury victims.
- Rehabilitation and Therapy: Rehabilitation, physical therapy, and counseling are often necessary for burn injury recovery. We work to include these costs in the overall compensation package to support our client's holistic well-being.
- Disfigurement and Scarring: Compensation for visible scars and disfigurement is essential to burn injury claims. We understand the long-term consequences and seek fair compensation for the physical and emotional toll of scarring.
- Property Damage: If the burn injury resulted from property damage, such as a house fire or car accident, we explore avenues for recovering the costs associated with property loss.
Contact Our Burn Injury Attorney in Hartford Today
At David A. Zipfel & Associates, LLC, our Hartford burn injury lawyers are ready to guide you through the legal process and advocate for your best interests. Contact us today to schedule a consultation. We are dedicated to helping burn injury victims rebuild their lives and acquire the compensation they deserve.
Contact David A. Zipfel & Associates, LLC today to get started with our Hartford burn injury lawyer.
Attorney Zipfel has always been a great attorney for me. He is knowledgeable and aggressive. He has always answered my questions and handled my matters in a timely manner and to my satisfaction.