Hartford Truck Accident Attorney
A Skilled Personal Injury Lawyer in Hartford Can Help
When it comes to traffic accidents, truck accidents can be some of the worst due to the larger size and weight of the vehicle involved. When a truck causes an accident, damage and personal injury can be severe, especially if the injury involves the spine or the brain. Trucking companies are very hesitant to admit that their employee was in the wrong due to the fact that their insurance rates will rise. As a result, getting full compensation can be difficult. If you have been in a Connecticut truck accident and need to fight for a higher payout, get the representation you need from a Hartford personal injury lawyer.
Call us today at (860) 528-4567!
Types of Truck Accidents in Hartford, CT
There are different kinds of accidents a truck can cause. The most common are similar to regular car accidents, such as drunk drivers, distracted driving, or failure to yield. However, some truck accidents are unique:
- Jackknifing Accidents - This occurs when the trailer attached to a truck skids sideways, "folding" the vehicle in a manner that blocks other lanes. This can be caused by a sudden stop or turn, or by slippery roads.
- Overloaded or Insecure Cargo Accidents - Another example of an accident unique to trucking would be an improperly loaded truck. If a trailer is overloaded or if the cargo is improperly secured, items may fall out of the truck and into the road.
What are Some Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
Some common contributing factors that often lead to trucking accidents in Connecticut include:
- Failure to properly train truck drivers on safe driving techniques
- Pressure from trucking companies that encourage their drivers to drive for long hours or at unsafe speeds in order to meet deadlines
- Failure to properly maintain the truck or trailer
- Damaged or faulty trucks
- Agressive or reckless driving on the part of the truck driver
- Other passenger vehicles driving erratically or cutting off larger trucks
Whatever the case may be, you should never attempt to fight a trucking company on your own. They will do their best to defend themselves with the aid of defense attorneys, so fight back by hiring a lawyer with four decades of personal injury litigation experience. With the help of a truck accident lawyer from my firm, you can raise your chances of winning the highest amount of compensation possible.
Experience the Difference of a Qualified Hartford Injury Lawyer
By calling my firm today, I could review your case and tell you exactly what steps can be taken to maximize your compensation. By offering my services for a contingency fee, I also seek to remain affordable, so you never have to worry about losing money by hiring a lawyer. Also, if you need a Hartford personal injury attorney right away but are unable to visit one of our three locations, we are more than willing to accommodate you by making a home or hospital visit to discuss your options in person.